Warmer Weekend #29: Frosty Mornings



For the record, I am not a fan of being cold.

Yes, I have made the choice to stay in Michigan winter after winter, so I am not privy to the option of complaining about the cold weather, when I could just as quickly hop in my car and secure a condo in West Palm Beach.

Mother Nature finds joy in countering the beauty of the seasons with a slightly extended (let's be honest, its really long.) winter, here in Michigan.

It comes every year, despite our refusal to acknowledge it.

On Sunday, my schedule required me to take an early drive out to the city of Caledonia for some early morning activities. I will be the first to readily admit that I am not a morning person, but once I'm up, I find the morning drives quite peaceful, especially with most of the area still sleeping.

Sunday morning turned out to be especially beautiful.
While many locations in northern Michigan have already seen frost and yes, even snow, West Michigan hasn't received the colder bursts of weather just yet.

I woke up Sunday morning to a dreamy layer of frost coating the grass in my front yard.
The sun was just beginning to tip the horizon and hadn't had the chance to bear down on the glittering artwork.



Upon arriving at my destination, I found this whimsical sight awaiting me.


This is a favorite time of year for me.



That happy medium where the leaves are hitting their most radiant colors and we get just that tease of the chill in the air.



I am slowly beginning to bring the sweaters and turtlenecks out from their places of hiding and starting to get use out of my boots. So many delightful activities to get bundled up for including football, soccer and bonfires!







My visit to witness the storied rivalry between the Men's Soccer programs at Hope College and Calvin College fit the bill, bringing a chill in the air, making me very thankful for my layers and the warmers that I had tossed in my bag.




The skyline with the brightly colored leaves along the outskirts of the Van Andel Soccer Stadium at the Hope College Campus made for a truly beautiful evening.











Have you gotten out to experience any of the sights of the autumn season yet?
No matter where you might be located, there is beauty that you will only find this time of year.


We would love to hear all about your adventures. Share them with us!

Until Next Time,
Emily + The Warmer Team

Comments

Popular Posts